The Bible teaches that God is the living God.
Christians use the word ‘living’ to describe God for many reasons; here are a few:
- God is real, he will go on living for ever and ever and ever,
- God is full of life and power.
- God doesn’t stand still doing nothing; he is active.
- God is loving; he thinks and works,
- People can trust God, he is the Creator and the Giver of life.
Christians believe God is not standing still doing nothing – he is living; he is busy doing things, listening, watching, loving, caring, giving, working, thinking and speaking.