Christians believe that trusting God is an important part of their friendship with him.
When Christians say they trust God they are saying they believe that what he says about himself, what he says about his love, what he says he has done and what he says he will do are all true.
The Bible teaches that God is good powerful and wise, he loves everyone more than they can imagine, he has made a way for everybody, everywhere to become close friends with him and he will never leave those who trust in him on their own. Christians believe all these things are true.
Christians believe there are many reasons why God loves it when people trust him; here are a few...
- People who trust God live their lives depending on his help and guidance.
- People who trust God pray believing he will answer their prayers in the way they hope.
- People who trust God worship, thanking him for who he is and all he has done.
- People who trust God read their Bibles excited to discover more of his truths.
- People who trust God serve others aware of his great love for those around them.
As a Christian’s trust in God grows, they become closer and closer friends with him. Through their close friendship with God, the Holy Spirit is able to do more and more work in their lives.