15 minute Craft planner
Beware of allergies – make sure it is safe for the children in your group to handle and taste the food used in this activity.
You will need:
Half a bread roll
A slice of cheese or alternative
A cheese string per child
A red pepper
Black olives or raisins
Margarine spread or alternative
Crisps or bread sticks
For a diary-free option make a ‘lioness’ lunch’ without a cheese string mane and using dairy-free spread and dairy-free cheese slices.
How to prepare:
Before the session make a sample ‘lion’s lunch’ so the children know what they are making.
How to make:
1. Clean the surfaces in your area and encourage the children to wash their hands.
2. Spread a little margarine on your bread roll and lay a slice of cheese on top of the roll.
3. Carefully pull apart your cheese string and arrange the stringy pieces around the edge of your roll to look like a lion’s mane.
4. Cut a pepperoni piece in half and arrange the two halves to look like ears.
5. Cut up a black olive and position two small pieces to look like eyes and a third piece to look like a nose. If you don’t like olives, use raisins instead.
6. Cut a red pepper into tiny slices and position a slice between your lion’s nose and mouth.
7. Arrange five bread or crisp sticks around the lion to look like four legs and a tail.
Alongside this craft, teach the Bible story...