15 minute Craft Planner
You will need:
Glasses template (see Printables)
A4 card that fits through your printer (plain A4 paper would work too)
Acetate or plastic A4 folders
Colouring pencils and/or felt-tip pens
How to prepare:
Print sufficient templates for one per child. Cut out the glasses in advance and cut out the ‘lenses’ from the acetate or plastic folders. Follow the instructions to make an example pair of glasses so that the children know what they are about to make.
How to make:
1. Colour in the glasses template and carefully cut out the glasses.
2. Cut out the two rectangles below the glasses template. Place the two rectangles on top of the plastic A4 folder/acetate. Use a pen to carefully draw around both pieces. It doesn't matter if the lines are faint. Cut out the plastic rectangles.
3. Fold along the dotted line down the centre of the ‘glasses frame’.
4. Use sticky tape to stick the arms to the frame of the glasses as shown in the picture.
5. Apply lots of glue to the inside of the glasses frame. Stick the two pieces of plastic over the holes and fold the two halves of the frame together. You may need to trim any plastic overlapping the edge.
6. Press the two halves of the frame firmly together.
Alongside this craft teach the Bible story...