‘Church is the people’ craft
15 minute Craft planner
Beware of allergies – make sure it is safe for the children in your group to handle and taste all the food used in these activities.
You will need:
Church template (see Printables)
Ice cream cones
Collage material such as tissue paper, sequins and feathers (optional)
Colouring pencils and/or felt tips
How to prepare:
Print or photocopy sufficient templates for one per child. Make a sample ‘Church is the people’ craft so that the children know what they are making.
How to make:
1. Colour in and cut out your church building template, cutting along the solid lines.
2. Fold along the dashed lines. Using a glue stick, stick the flap to the inside of the building.
3. Secure the ‘tower flaps’ with a paperclip.
4. Place an upside down ice cream cone on top of the flaps to create a steeple.
5. Carefully place your church building on a paper plate and put your ‘people’ inside.
Alongside this craft teach the Bible story...