15 minute Craft planner
You will need:
Orange, red and yellow crêpe paper
String cut into 30 cm lengths – enough for one length per child
How to prepare:
Make a Pentecost Streamer to show the children what they are about to make.
NB. It may be easier if the children worked in pairs to make their streamers
How to make:
1. Cut the crêpe paper into strips approximately 4.5 cm in width and 2 m in length. Roll up the strips to make them easier for the children to handle.
2. Choose two different coloured strips (e.g. orange and yellow) and place them at right angles to each other as shown in the picture. Use two small pieces of sticky tape to secure the strips together in this position.
3. Pass the orange strip from the right to the left as shown in the picture.
4. Pass the yellow strip from the top to the bottom as shown in the picture.
5. Pass the orange strip from the left to the right as shown in the picture.
6. Pass the yellow strip from the bottom to the top as shown in the picture.
7. Repeat steps four to seven until you reach the end of the paper strips. Secure the end pieces together with two pieces of sticky tape.
8. Open out your Pentecost streamer and stick a piece of string to the end.
Hang the streamers up around your teaching space or stick a piece of string to the end of the streamers so that the children can whirl them around.
Alongside this craft teach the Bible story...