‘A quiet space’ sign
15 minute Craft planner
You will need:
Cork floor tiles or cardboard box card
'A quiet space' textbox
A ruler and a pen
A pair of scissors
Brown string cut into 50 cm lengths
Coloured pencils and/or felt-tips
PVA glue, brushes and pots
How to prepare:
Print or photocopy sufficient text boxes for one per child. Make a sample sign so that the children know what they are making. Cut the cork tiles or cardboard into six pieces following steps one to three of the instructions. Roughly cut out the textboxes.
How to make:
1. Before the session an adult will need to prepare the cork tiles or card. Use the ruler and pen to divide the cork/card into rectangles, approximately 15 x 10 cm. Use a large pair of scissors to cut along the lines.
2. Cut two 1 cm slits in your rectangle approximately 2 cm from the top edge.
3. Tie the ends of the piece of string together to make a loop.
4. Slide the string into the slits in the side of your cork/cardboard rectangle.
5. Cut out and colour in a ‘quiet space’ textbox.
6. Stick the decorated textbox to your piece of cork or cardboard.
Alongside this craft teach the Bible story...