A cereal manger
15 minute Craft planner
Beware of allergies - make sure it is safe for the children in your group to handle and taste the food used in this activity.
You will need:
One ‘Weetabix’ per child
One ‘Shredded Wheat’ per child
Paper plates - enough for two per child
Coloured pencils and/or felt-tips
How to prepare:
Print or photocopy sufficient instructions for one between three or four children. Make a sample manger so that the children know what they are making.
How to make:
1. Colour in one of your paper plates.
2. Place a Shredded Wheat on your second plate and ask an adult to carefully cut it in half as shown in the picture.
3. Place one of the Shredded Wheat halves on your decorated plate with it's cut side facing down. Place the second half on top of the first with it's cut side facing upper most.
4. Place a Weetabix on your second plate and use the teaspoon to make a shallow hole as shown in the picture.
5. Place your Weetabix on top of your Shredded Wheat to make a cereal manger.
6. Cut a strip of kitchen towel…
7. …and wrap it around a jelly baby.
8. Place the wrapped jelly baby in the cereal manger. You could scatter some cereal crumbs around the manger to look like the floor of a stable.
Alongside this craft teach the Bible story...