A tinsel star
15 minute Craft planner
You will need:
Tinsel star templates (see Printables)
A dinner knife
Coloured pencils and felt-tips
Paper clips, enough for at least one per child
Tinsel of various colours
String cut into 40 cm lengths
How to prepare:
Print or photocopy sufficient templates so that each child can make at least one star. Before the session score the templates for easy folding. Make a sample star so that the children know what they are making.
How to make:
1. Before the session an adult will need to score along the dotted lines using a ruler and a dinner knife.
2. Cut the template into strips and colour in your strip. Concertina fold the strip along the dotted lines, folding first one way then the other.
3. Put glue on the shaded rectangle and join the two ends of the strip together. Arrange the concertina folds to make a star with five points.
4. Slide a paper clip over the join.
5. Tie the ends of the piece of string together to make a loop. Slide the loop onto the paperclip. Cut a small amount of tinsel off a strand. Push the tinsel into the centre of the star.
Alongside this craft teach the Bible story...