A lollipop bride
15 minute Craft planner
Beware of allergies make sure it is safe for the children in your group to handle the food used in this activity.
You will need:
Lollipops – enough for one per child
Bridal gown template
White voile, white netting or white tissue paper
Colouring pencils and/or felt-tip pens
Sticky tape or double sided sticky tape
Sticky googly eyes
Optional – coloured tissue paper and paper doilies for decoration
How to prepare:
Print sufficient templates for one per child. You may want to cut out the bridal gowns in advance for the younger children in your group. Follow the instructions to make an example bride so the children know what they are about to make.
How to make:
1. Cut out the templates and a strip of voile or white tissue paper approximately 8 x 12 cm.
2. Cut a hole in the arm/bouquet template as shown in the picture and colour in the flowers or use tissue paper to create a beautiful bouquet.
3. Make the dress template into a cone and secure it with a piece of sticky tape. Make sure there is a small hole in the top of the cone.
4. Stick the googly eyes onto the lollipop. Use a piece of double sided sticky tape to secure the voile or tissue paper on top of the lollipop.
5. Push the lollipop stick through the hole in the arms/bouquet template then through the hole in the top of the cone.
Alongside this craft, teach the Bible story...