15 minute Craft planner
You will need:
Cattle templates (see Printables)
Black or brown wool
Reels of sticky tape
Wooden clothes pegs
Sticky tac, glue or double-sided sticky tape
Optional - googly eyes
How to prepare:
Before the session print or photocopy sufficient templates for your group. Make a cow so the children know what they are making. For younger children you may wish to cut out the cattle templates in advance.
How to make:
1. Cut out and colour in two faces and two noses from the cattle template. If you have googly eyes stick them in place.
2. Place a reel of sticky tape on a paper plate. Draw around the inside of the reel. Squeeze the reel to make an oval shape. Place the reel on the plate next to the circle you have just drawn, and draw around the centre again this time drawing an oval.
3. Cut out your circle and oval shapes. Cut slits in the shapes as shown in the picture.
4. Cut a one metre length of wool. Secure one end of the wool in the bottom slit of the cardboard circle as shown in the picture.
5. Wrap the wool around the card until you have about 5 cm left. Pass the final piece of wool through the top slit of the circle.
6. If you have time make a knot in the very end of the wool and separate the strands to make a tail.
7. Clip the pegs onto the base of the circle to make two legs.
8. Stick the cow's face and nose onto the peg legs.
9. Make a second cow using the oval shape.
Alongside this craft, teach the Bible story...