Blow paint bush
15 minute Craft planner
You will need:
A burning bush template (see Printables)
Red, yellow and orange washable poster paints
Small dishes to mix paint in
A jug of water
How to prepare:
Print or photocopy enough templates for one per child. Put some paint into the small dishes, keeping the different colours separate. Add a small amount of water to each dish and mix into the paint to make it slightly runnier.
How to make:
1. Make sure all the children are wearing aprons. Give each child a burning bush template.
2. Using a teaspoon, the children will need to put small blobs of paint onto their template.
3. Demonstrate how they can place the end of a straw close to the paint and blow to make spiky paint shapes.
4. Encourage the children to have a go, but make sure they know they need to blow not suck.
5. After a while introduce different paint colours until the bush is covered in red, yellow and orange spiky flames.
Alongside this craft, teach the Bible story...