A pipe cleaner person
15 minute Craft planner
You will need:
Coloured pencils or pencils with a verse written on them - enough for one per child
Pipe cleaners - enough for two per child
Backdrop template (see Printables)
Felt tip pens and crayons
How to prepare:
Print or photocopy sufficient backdrop templates for one per child. Cut out the backdrop templates, cutting along the solid line. Practise making a pipe cleaner person.
How to make:
1. Give each child two pipe cleaners and a ‘backdrop’. Fold a pipe cleaner in half.
2. Make a loop at the top. This will be the head. Twist the two strands together in the middle to make the body. Separate the strands at the bottom to make two legs.
3. Fold a second pipe cleaner in half.
4. Twist the two strands together working away from the fold. Separate the ends of the strands to make a 'Y' shape.
5. Place the two sections next to each other.
6. Wrap the upright part of the 'Y section' around the 'body' until the two sections are twisted together.
7. Make two small loops for hands and slide a pencil through to make it look as if the pipe cleaner person is holding the pencil in the air. Bend the pipe cleaner person so that it is able to sit on the edge of a table. They are difficult to balance, but it is possible!
8. Colour in a backdrop templates. Fold the backdrop along the dotted lines opening out the folds enough to enable it to stand unsupported. Position the backdrops behind your pipe cleaner person.
Alongside this craft, teach the Bible story...