15 minute Craft planner
You will need:
Holding hands textboxes (see Printables)
Card or thick paper
Colouring pencils and/or felt-tips
How to prepare:
Print or photocopy sufficient textboxes for one each per child. Make a sample ‘holding hands’ model so the children know what they are making.
How to make:
1. Encourage the children to place one of their hands palm down on the paper or card. Help them to carefully draw around their hand. Cut out the hand shapes and textboxes. Encourage the children to colour in their hand shapes and stick the textboxes along one side.
2. Give each child two pipe cleaners. Fold the first pipe cleaner in half.
3. Show the children how to make a loop at the top of the folded pipe cleaner. This will be the head. Twist the two strands together in the middle to make the body. Separate the strands at the bottom to make two legs.
4-5. Fold the second pipe cleaner in half. Twist the two strands together working away from the fold. Separate the ends of the strands to make a 'Y' shape.
6. Place the two pipe cleaners next to each other.
7. Wrap the upright part of the 'Y section' around the 'body' until the two sections are twisted together.
8. Make four small loops for hands and feet, and bend your person into a sitting position. Sit your person on your paper hand. Use a pencil to slightly curl the fingers of your hand shape.
Alongside this craft, teach the Bible story...