Paper plate fish
15 minute Craft planner
You will need:
Large paper plates, enough for two per child
'Fish fins and eyes' template (see Printables)
How to prepare:
Before the session print or photocopy enough ‘Fish fins, mouth and eyes’ templates for one per child. You might want to cut out the fish fins etc. for the younger children in your group. Fold half of the paper plates in half. Make a Paper Plate Fish so the children know what they are making.
How to make:
1. Fold one of the paper plates in half. Place the folded paper plate on top of the ‘flat’ plate.
2. Carefully attach the top plate to the bottom plate. Use short strips of masking tape, folding the tape over the rim where the two plates meet.
3. Turn the plates over so that the folded plate is underneath and colour in the top plate.
4. Cut out the fish fins and eyes. Fold the eyes in half along the dotted lines and colour in the fins.
5. Apply glue to the shaded areas of the fins and eyes. Stick the fins and eyes to the paper plates as shown in the pictures.
6. Slide your hand in between the two paper plates to open and close the fish's mouth.
7. Draw a stick figure inside the fish's mouth to represent Jonah.
Alongside this craft, teach the Bible story...