A tool belt
15 minute Craft planner
You will need:
Tool belt template (see Printables)
Tool templates (see Printables)
Story textbox (see Printables)
Two wooden pegs per child
Double sided sticky tape or glue sticks
Colouring pencils or felt-tip pens
How to prepare:
Print or photocopy enough tool belt templates, tool templates and story textboxes for one each per child. You may want to cut out the templates for the younger children in your group. Follow the instructions to make an example ‘story tool belt’ so the children can see what they are making.
How to make:
1. Cut out the tool templates and the story textbox. Colour in your templates.
2. Carefully cut along the solid cut lines on the belt then fold the template along thedashed line.
3. On the back of the folded sheet stick the story textbox.
4. Clip the pegs onto the belt as shown in the picture. Apply glue, or stick pieces of double sided tape to the pegs.
5. Carefully stick your paper sword and trowel to the pegs making sure the points do not go below the edge of the paper. Stand the tool belt up so that the sword and trowel appear to hang off it.
Alongside this craft, teach the Bible story...