15 minute Craft planner
You will need:
Good quality plain white paper kitchen towels
Washable red, blue and purple felt-tip pens
Water spray bottles
Flat trays such as baking trays
How to prepare:
Follow the instructions to ‘tie-dye’ a piece of kitchen towel so that the children know what they are making.
How to make:
1. Bunch up a small piece of the kitchen towel and wrap an elastic band around it.
2. Repeat this until you have lots of the towel tied up in bundles.
3. Draw circles around the bundles following the line of the elastic bands. You could draw two or three circles around each bundle using different coloured felt-tips.
4. Carefully undo the bands to reveal your multi-coloured towel.
5. Spray the towel with just enough water to dampen it and make the colours run.
Use pegs to attach the tie-dye towels to the garden netting. When everybody has pegged their towel to the netting it should look a little bit like a multi-coloured curtain. Lay the netting on the floor or attach it to a wall (be aware that the tie-dye towels may be very wet and might drip).
Alongside this craft, teach the Bible story...