A house memo
15 minute Craft planner
You will need:
‘Three houses’ template (see Printables)
‘Back-drop’ template (see Printables)
Clothes pegs - enough for three per child
A4 document wallets - enough for one per child
Coloured thread or string cut into 50 cm lengths
Colouring pencils and/or felt-tip pens
How to prepare:
Before the session, print or photocopy sufficient ‘three houses’ and ‘back-drop’ templates for one per child. Make a sample house memo so the children know what they are making.
How to make:
1. Give each child a back-drop and three houses. Encourage the children to colour in their houses and back-drop using the pens and/or pencils.
2. Help each child to slide their back-drop into a document folder.
3. Show the children how to cut out their three houses then use sticky tac to stick them to three wooden pegs. Younger children may need you to do this for them.
4. With the houses stuck to the pegs show the children how to use small pieces of sticky tac to stick the pegs to the bottom of their document wallet.
5. Help the children to attach a piece of thread to their document wallet to make a hanger for their funky house memo.
6. To add support - thread a straw through the holes in the top of the wallet.
Alongside this craft, teach the Bible story...