A fancy cup
15 minute Craft planner
You will need:
Foil tart cases
Sequins and silver glitter
PVA glue, pots and brushes
Newspaper to cover the work surfaces
*For a slightly less messy option add the glitter to the PVA before spreading it on the side of the cups or, alternatively use strips of double sided sticky tape instead of PVA glue.
How to prepare:
Before the session make a fancy cup so the children know what they are making.
How to make:
1. Place the cups upside down on sheets of newspaper. Encourage the children to cover the sides of the cups with PVA glue then carefully stick sequins to the cups before sprinkling them with glitter.
2. When the children have decorated the cups help them stick a foil case to the base.
3. Ask the children to write their names on a paper plate.
4. Carefully turn the cups the right way up and transfer them to the plates. Either leave the cups somewhere safe to dry or allow the children to take their cups home on the plates.
5. Explain to the children that the fancy cups will look more and more sparkly as the PVA glue dries.
Alongside this craft, teach the Bible story...