A goat puppet
15 minute Craft planner
You will need:
Goat puppet templates – enough for one per child (see Printables)
Paper plates, 23 cm in diameter – enough for one per child
Colouring pens and/or pencils
Strong sticky tape
This craft were partly inspired by ‘paper plate animals’
How to prepare:
Print and cut out sufficient templates for one per child. Make a sample goat puppet so the children can see what they are about to make.
How to make:
1. Press down on the paper plate to flatten it. Cut out the goat puppet template and stick it to the back of the plate.
2. Cut along the thick solid lines of the template. Your template should look like the one in the picture. Don’t forget the slits.
3. Fold along the dotted lines of the template so that the dots are on the outside of the fold.
4. Secure the back of the puppet with some strong tape creating a finger pocket.
5. Bend the template back on itself along the two dashed lines.
6. Carefully thread the tips of the horns through the two slits on top of the goats head. You may need to trim the paper plate to the size of the template, making the horns slightly thinner.
7. To hold your goat puppet, slide two fingers into the ‘pocket’ at the back.
8. Gently pull the horns through until they are sticking out the top of the goats head and bend the goat’s ears back. Stick a little cotton wool between the goat’s ears and on its chin. If you have time colour in your goat puppet.
Alongside this craft, teach the Bible story...