A biscuit baby
15 minute Craft planner
Beware of allergies - make sure it is safe for the children in your group to handle and taste the food used in this activity.
You will need:
‘BN biscuits’ (available from most supermarkets) at least one per child
Two paper plates per child
Paper cake cases
‘You must be born again’ textboxes (see Printables)
How to prepare:
Print and cut out sufficient textboxes for one per child. Print and cut out sufficient templates for one set between two children. Make a sample ‘biscuit baby’ so the children know what they are making.
How to make:
Clean the work surfaces in your teaching space and ask the children to wash their hands.
1. Cut out a quarter segment from your paper plate.
2. Cut off the rim of your segment and cut two circles from the remaining piece of card.
3. Use the rim as a template to draw the same shape on your second plate. Cut out this shape too.
4. Make sure you have the same shapes as shown in the picture.
5. Place the first plate on top of the second plate and staple the two together as shown in the picture.
6. Use the two ‘rims’ to make pram handles and tuck them between the plates. Place the two circles over the staples - these are the wheels of the baby's pram. If you are not using split pins stick the wheels in place.
7. Colour in and stick your textbox onto the front of the pram.
If you are using split pins create holes in your wheels by placing a blob of sticky tac underneath then pushing through the card using a pencil into the sticky tac.
8. Place a BN biscuit in a paper case then slide the biscuit between the paper plates. Arrange the biscuit to look like a baby peeping out from a pram.
9. If you would like to, add two paper cases to your pram to give it fancy wheels.
Alongside this craft, teach the Bible story...