15 minute Craft planner
Beware of allergies - make sure it is safe for the children in your group to handle and taste the food used in this activity.
You will need:
Mini - meringue nests
Whipped cream or squirty cream in a can
A selection of fruit such as seedless grapes, melon, pineapple (tinned or fresh), strawberries, kiwi, raspberries, peaches (tinned or fresh)
Chocolate leaves, stars or other edible decorations (optional)
Chocolate sauce for ice cream (optional)
How to prepare:
Make a sample fruity mini-meringue so the children know what they are making. Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks.
How to make:
1. Wipe the surfaces in your teaching area and encourage the children to wash their hands.
2. Wash the fresh fruit and drain the tinned fruit thoroughly. Chop any large pieces of fruit into smaller chunks.
3. Place the a meringue nest on a paper plate and spread a little jam in the bottom.
4. Spoon the cream into the nests and top with the prepared fruit.
5. Add some chocolate decorations, some sprinkles and a drizzle of chocolate sauce if using.
Alongside this craft, teach the Bible story...