15 minute Craft planner
You will need:
‘Moving pillars’ template 1 (see Printables)
‘Moving pillars’ template 2 (see Printables)
Colouring pencils and/or pens
How to prepare:
Print or photocopy sufficient templates for one each per child. Make a sample ‘Moving Pillars’ so that the children know what they are making.
How to make:
1. Select a template. If you would like to arrange the broken pillars yourself choose ‘template 2’. Colour in the two pictures of Samson making sure you use the same colours in both pictures i.e. if you colour in Samson’s hair brown in one picture make sure you colour it brown in the other picture too.
2. Take the section of your template with Samson standing next to the unbroken pillars. Fold along the dashed line so that the line is on the outside of the fold as shown in the picture.
3. Take the remaining section of your template and cut along the solid line, cutting it in half.
4. If you chose ‘template 2’, cut out the broken pillars as well. Arrange the broken pillars next to Samson and stick the pieces in place.
5. Stick your picture of Samson standing next to the broken pillars to the inside of the folded picture. The picture of Samson and the unbroken pillars should be on the outside of the folded paper with the second picture on the inside.
6. Carefully roll the front part of the folded paper around a pencil or a straw.
Quickly move the pencil/straw up and down, coiling and uncoiling the picture of Samson on the front of the folded paper – you should see Samson smashing the pillars into pieces.
If you want to make your moving picture more sturdy mount it on a piece of cardboard.
Alongside this craft, teach the Bible story...