A, a, a tissue holder
15 minute Craft planner
Tissue holder templates (see Printables)
Colouring pencils/felt-tip pens
A pack of handy tissues/pocket-sized tissues
How to prepare:
Before the session print or photocopy sufficient instructions for one between two or three children. Print sufficient ‘tissue holder templates’ for one per child. Make a sample ‘A, a, a, tissue holder’ so the children know what they are making.
How to make:
1. Colour in your tissue holder template.
2. Turn the template over and fold over the four corners as shown in the picture.
3. Fold in the two sides to meet each other in the middle.
Fold along the dashed lines at the top and bottom of the template. The dashed lines need to be on the outside of the folds. This will create two flaps at the top and bottom of the template.
4. Turn the template over then fold it in half.
You are just creating a crease in the middle of the paper at this stage so immediately unfold the template.
5. Using the crease as a guide, fold the top and bottom edges to meet each other in the middle.
The two dashed lines should now be touching with the flaps overlapping.
6. Tuck one flap inside the other - this is much simpler to do than it sounds.
This will create two pockets on either side of the tissue holder.
7. Carefully tuck a tissue inside one of the pockets...
8. ... and fold your tissue holder in half.
Alongside this craft, teach the Bible story...