15 minute Craft planner
Beware of allergies, make sure it is safe for the children in your group to handle and taste the food used in this activity.
You will need:
The thickest card that will go through your printer
Tent template (see Printables)
Lunch box items such as mini biscuits and dried fruit
How to prepare:
Before the session print or photocopy sufficient instructions for one between two or three children. Print off sufficient ‘tent templates’ for one per child. Make a sample ‘food tent’ so the children know what they are making.
How to make:
1. Cut out your food tent template and colour it in.
2. Fold in the sides of your template as shown in the picture. Now fold in the triangular flaps at the top and bottom of your template.
3. Unfold the sides of your template then fold it in half.
4. There will now be two more triangular flaps at the top of the template. Fold these back on themselves....
5. ...then turn the template over and fold the flaps the other way. While the flaps are folded back cut two holes in the folded corners of the template.
6. Open out the template slightly to look like a tent then tuck the triangular flaps inside.
7. You might like to secure the flaps with pieces of sticky tape.
8. Make a couple of triangular sandwiches. Stand them on a plate and add some other lunchbox items.
9. Place your tent over the top of the food and add a couple of chocolate sticks to look like tent poles.
Alongside this craft, teach the Bible story...