15 minute Craft planner
You will need:
‘God said to Abraham…’ textbox
A spiral template
A hole punch
Yellow or gold tissue paper
PVA glue, brushes and pots
How to prepare:
Print sufficient textboxes for one per child. Make a sample starry spiral so the children know what they are making.
How to make:
1. Colour in and cut out a spiral.
2. Fold your piece of tissue paper into a square approximately 7 x 7 cm. Cut out a star template and place it on top of your folded paper. Hold it in place with a paperclip.
3. Cut around your template to make lots of paper stars.
4. Cut a piece of metallic ribbon approximately 80 cm in length. Cut out the textbox and punch a hole in it as shown. Pass the end of the ribbon through the hole in the textbox and tie a knot in it. Fix your star template to the other end of the ribbon using a small amount of sticky tape.
5. Just below the textbox, use a piece of sticky tape to fix the central part of your spiral to the ribbon. Hold the textbox so that the ribbon hangs in the middle of your star spiral.
6. Use the glue to stick the stars on your spiral.
Alongside this craft, teach the Bible story...