15 minute Craft planner
You will need:
Sheep faces and legs (see Printables)
Backdrop (see Printables)
Plastic shot glasses
Colouring pencils and/or felt-tips
A jug of water
How to prepare:
Print sufficient backdrops for one per child. Print the sheep faces and legs; you will need approximately one sheet per child. Make a sample ‘Squashed-in sheep’ so the children know what they are making.
How to make:
1. Colour in your backdrop.
2. Cut along the solid line and fold dashed line ‘A’ so that the dash is on the outside of the fold.
3. Fold the other dashed lines so the lines are on the inside of the fold.
4. Cut out your sheep face and legs.
5. Roll a piece of cotton wool into a ball and stick on your sheep face and legs. Bend the legs to make the sheep stand. Make as many sheep as you can.
6. Stand your sheep on the backdrop.
7. Stand your glass on the ‘stony’ area. This is your well.
6. Make sure your backdrop is standing on a level surface. Look through the plastic glass to see the direction that Lot chose to go.
8. Now fill your well with water. When you look through the glass you should be able to see the arrow pointing in the opposite direction. If you can’t see this at first keep looking through the plastic glass from slightly different angles.
9. To see the arrow clearly pointing in the opposite direction, remove the well and place a mirror next to the words. When you look in the mirror what do the words say and which way is the arrow pointing?
Alongside this craft, teach the Bible story...