My Story bookmark
15 minute Craft planner
You will need:
‘My story’ textboxes (see Printables)
Glue, glue pots and brushes
Beads of various shapes, colours and sizes*
*If threading beads is not a suitable activity for the younger children in your group, replace the beads with 20 cm lengths of coloured wool. Use a hole punch to punch holes along the edges of the luggage labels and encourage the children to thread the different coloured wool through the holes.
How to prepare:
Print or photocopy sufficient ‘My Story' textboxes for one per child. Make a sample bookmark so the children can see what they are going to make.
How to make:
1. Make sure the string is attached securely to your luggage label and has two free ends. Make one of the ends longer than the other. This will involve retying the string.
2. Colour in the textbox and stick it to your luggage label.
3. Try and think of five or six things that have happened in your life that you would like to be a part of your story bookmark. These things might include a special birthday, the day you got a pet or the day you started school. They could be big things or little memories. For each of these things find a bead that matches what you remember about that day or feeling. If you got a brown dog you might select a brown bead or a yellow bead might remind you of a really happy day.
4. When you have your beads, try and put them in the order that the things happened in your life.
5. Carefully thread the beads one-by-one onto the string of your luggage label. Tie the ends of the string together so that the beads are secure.
Alongside this craft teach the Bible story...