15 minute Craft planner
Beware of allergies – make sure it is safe for the children in your group to handle and taste the food used in this activity.
A selection of vegetables (cleaned and ready to use) such as carrots, celery, potatoes, mushrooms, radishes, courgettes, swede, parsnips, cucumber, salad leaves
Optional - carrot batons
Sticky-back googly eyes or raisins
Peelers – only for adult use
How to prepare:
Make a sample ‘veggie person’ so the children know what they are making.
How to make:
1. Clean the surfaces in your area and encourage the children to wash their hands.
2. Encourage the children to select a vegetable for the body of their ‘veggie person’ and to think about the other parts they would like to add to make their figure.
3. Help the children by cutting or peeling their vegetables if they require different shapes.
4. Encourage the children to begin assembling their veggie people on paper plates.
5. If any of the vegetables the children have selected need to be joined together, help them to push the spaghetti pieces gently into the vegetables making sure the pasta doesn’t break.
6. At the end of your session you might like to arrange a group of veggie people together for a veggie folk photo.
Alongside this craft, teach the Bible story...