Candy heart card
15 minute Craft planner
Beware of allergies - make sure it is safe for the children in your group to handle and taste the food used in this activity.
You will need:
Plain white or coloured card
Enough candy canes for two per child
Plastic Christmas greenery/flowers and/or Metallic ribbon/tinsel
‘He will bring…’ textboxes (see Printables)
Christmas sticky tape or coloured electrical tape
Felt-tip pens and colouring pencils
Optional – ‘Happy Christmas’ stamper
How to prepare:
Before the session print enough textboxes for one per child. For younger children you may want to cut out the textboxes before the session. Make a sample candy heart card so that the children know what they are making.
How to make:
1. Fold your card in half and cut out the textbox.
2. Keep the candy canes in their plastic wrappers and place them on top of the card in the shape of a heart. Use coloured tape to hold the canes in place.
3. Weave your textbox through the candy cane heart.
4. Select a couple of pieces of plastic Christmas ‘greenery’ or tinsel and tuck them around the heart. If necessary secure the decorations with a piece of tape.
5. If you have a Christmas stamper, stamp a Christmas message inside your card.
6. Decide who you are going to send your candy heart card to this Christmas.
Alongside this craft teach the Bible story...