A donkey sock puppet
15 minute Craft planner
You will need:
Scraps of fabric
Coloured felt (optional)
Donkey templates (see Printables)
Colouring pencils and/or felt-tips
PVA glue, pots and brushes
How to prepare:
Print sufficient ‘donkey templates’ for each child. For younger children you may want to cut out the templates before the session. Make a sample sock puppet so the children know what they are making.
How to make:
1. Encourage the children to colour in their templates or use them to cut out felt shapes or shapes from the fabric.
2. Without using any glue show the children how to carefully arrange their shapes/templates on their sock – moving them to where they want them to be.
3. When they are happy with their positions, use the PVA glue or double-sided sticky tape to stick the shapes in place.
4. Allow the children to select a piece of fabric to represent a coat and use sticky tape to attach it to your donkey puppet.
5. When the donkey puppets are ready encourage the children to place them on their hands – if you have time you could hold a couple of donkey races before the end of the session!
Alongside this craft, teach the Bible story...